What we do...
Individual EyeCare Solutions
3 words – a lot of meaning
1. You are an Individual, with your own background and future, plans/dreams/work and play requirements. ‘Sausage Factory’ thinking is not appropriate, we are not all the same!!
2. EyeCare is just that! Some situations are solved by the mere upgrading of a spectacle, others involve medications, contact lenses, a referral to a different EyeCare Professional (ECP), nutritional and eyelid hygiene regimes, and ‘outside the box’ thinking is often required.
3. Solutions – clients come to me with a problem seeking a solution. I frequently hear reports where an ECP fitted ‘their generic solution’ to the wrong problem, with predictable results. You, the client, are unhappy, the problem persists, and you move on from that ECP to someone else.
How we fix your eyes.
EyeCare may involve any or all of the following list, in no particular order:
- Reassurance that the problem is normal human ageing
- Detecting eye diseases and prescribing Rx eyedrop drugs
- Myopia control strategies
- Referral to a different ECP, optometrist, GP or eye surgeon with more appropriate talents
- New spectacles prescription
- Contact lens options
- Lazy eye / amblyopia patching
- Re-teach contact lens handling
- Removing inturned eyelashes/foreign bodies
- Eyelid hygiene training
- Magnifying devices
- Paperwork for driving car, truck, aviation/pilot, marine licences
Not every eye problem will need the purchase of new spectacles!